Please read these Terms and Conditions carefully before entering the competition. By entering you indicate that you accept these terms and conditions and you agree to be bound by them.
Thomson Scene is a trading name of TUI UK Limited (the “Promoter”), a member of TUI Group. Registered office: TUI Travel House, Crawley Business Quarter, Fleming Way, Crawley, West Sussex, RH10 9QL. Registered in England No 2830117.
Entry is open to anyone resident in the UK or the Channel Islands, who is eighteen (18) years of age or older. Employees and immediate family (defined as parents, children, siblings, spouse and life partners) of the Promoter or its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising or promotion agencies are not eligible to apply.
All entrants must:
- Hold a full passport valid for at least 1 year from the competition end date;
- Be able to provide passport details within 7 days of being notified;
- Have a UK bank account;
- Successfully pass Disclosure and Barring Service check (formerly CRB check) (with no criminal convictions) and media checks;
- Be available and prepared to travel extensively to regions including North America and Europe anytime between May 2017 and September 2017 (all flights, transfers, hotel accommodation and standard (excluding speciality dining) meals will be provided). Final itinerary and travel bookings to be determined by the Promoter;
- Be available for any extension to the travel period at short notice;
- Be prepared to work flexible hours.
All entrants must also:
- Be proficient in and have at least one of the following: Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Soundcloud or YouTube feeds with good levels of engagement within the last 30 days and be able to show an understanding of how to use their channel with an established community of at least:
- Instagram (750 followers)
- Facebook (750 likes)
- Twitter (750 fans)
- YouTube (750 subscribers)
- Soundcloud (750 subscribers)
The above is a guide only and the Promoter reserves the right to make decisions based on numbers of followers, likes, fans, subscribers or subscriptions decided at its own discretion.
Entrants do not need to be professional photographers, videographers, musicians, or designers. Previous travel experience is not essential.
3.How to Enter:
Internet access required to participate. To enter you will need to visit www.scenecompetition.thomson.co.uk between 07:00 GMT on Friday 7th April and 23:59 GMT on Sunday 23rd April 2017 and demonstrate your passion for travel and storytelling by uploading a maximum 2 minute video showing us which country you’d most like to travel to using your creative medium which could be but is not limited to photography, music, design and/or video media.
Any photos or videos submitted which feature people must be of you or have been taken with the permission of the subject (and if they are under 18, the permission of their parents or guardians as well) and must not infringe the copyright of any third party or any laws. You warrant that the photo or video you submit is of you or your own work and that you own the copyright for it. Any complaints lodged against your photographs or videos in relation to permissions will result in it being removed. If you use an image you do not own the copyright for we retain the right to provide your name to the owner of the photograph or video should they request it. Entries must not contain any infringing, threatening, false, misleading, abusive, harassing, libellous, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, scandalous, inflammatory, pornographic or profane content. These images will be removed. Any images deemed to be inappropriate or offensive will not be published and will be removed and the entry disqualified at the Promoters discretion.
Entrants agree to fully indemnify the Promoter in respect of all royalties, fees and any other monies owing to any person by reason of breaching any terms of this competition.
Copyright in all images submitted remains with you. You grant a worldwide, irrevocable, perpetual licence to the Promoter to feature your photo or video in any publications, websites and/or any promotional material, PR or advertising connected with this competition and/or any future marketing campaigns.
No entries from agents or third parties or entries automatically generated by computer will be accepted. Incomplete or corrupted entries will not be accepted. Entries will only be accepted if they comply with all entry instructions.
“Following” of Thomson Scene social pages and/or tagging of a friend/partner does not count as an entry into the competition.
Only one (1) entry allowed per person. Any person found to be using multiple accounts to enter will be considered ineligible to win. Tagged friends/partners will not be entered but may still enter independently. No purchase necessary. Entry constitutes full and unconditional acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
4.Use of Data:
The competition commences on Friday 7th April at 07:00 GMT and closes on Sunday 23rd April 2017 at 23:59 GMT. All entries must be received by 23:59 GMT on Sunday 23rd April to be entered into the competition.
6.Receipt of Entries:
The Promoter cannot be held responsible for network, computer or software failures of any kind, which may restrict or delay the sending or receipt of your entry. The Promoter is not responsible for entries not received and/or any lost entries. Proof of sending is not proof of receipt.
There are four (4) ultimate prizes consisting of:
- The opportunity to act as an influencer for the Promoter by travelling to a variety of overseas destinations and producing content like but not limited to music, video, photography and design collaboratively for the Promoter’s owned Marketing channels (the above is a general description only and a full project brief will be provided by the Promoter to the four (4) ultimate winners).
- Flights and hotel accommodation at Thomson Scene destinations and Hotels;
- All transfers, hotel stays and economy flights;
- All standard meals (excluding speciality dining) and drinks;
- A cheque or transfer for £1500 per month (one thousand five hundred pounds) that the winner is in location and made payable in the name of the winner only. Payment to be pro-rated where a winner returns from location part-way through a month for any reason or does not complete the project briefs. The cash prize will only be awarded if the winner completes all of the briefs on each location required by the Promoter in each month. Payment may be made before this time at the Promoter’s discretion.
In addition there are eight (8) runners-up prizes available:
- Eight (8) individual holiday gift-cards preloaded to the value of £250 to be used on any Thomson or First Choice holiday for the remaining entrants who reach stage 2 of the competition process. Booking terms and conditions apply to the vouchers; see relevant brochure or firstchoice.co.uk or www.thomson.co.uk for details. The gift card can be used as full or part payment for travel products at participating Thomson/First Choice travel shops/superstores, excluding all travel money related products, currency, insurance, traveller’s cheques and prepaid cards. Gift cards cannot be exchanged for cash or to purchase another gift card. The card will expire after 24 of non-usage from the date of issue and any unused remaining balance will be lost. The maximum account balance at any one time is £5,000.00. The card must be treated as cash, the balance cannot be refunded if lost, stolen or destroyed. Balances can be obtained by phone, in-store or via the web. Gift cards cannot be exchanged for travellers cheques or foreign currency. For a full list of terms and conditions and FAQs please seehttp://www.thomson.co.uk/editorial/features/gift-cards/thomson-gift-cards.html.
The prizes are not transferable and no alternatives will be offered.
The Promoter will be responsible for providing adequate travel insurance and Visas for the ultimate winners for the itinerary and dates provided by the Promoter. Entrants must provide all relevant and correct information to the Promoter for these purposes when requested. Any information requested by the Promoter must be provided within 5 days of request. It is the winners’ responsibility to ensure that they have obtained all the correct travel inoculations for the destinations visited. A full list of countries will be detailed in the booking information provided to the winners. Failure to do so may result in the Promoter disqualifying the winner(s) from the competition process and selecting another entrant from all eligible entries received.
Entrants should be aware that this is not a formal internship program, is not paid apart from the expenses and prize details covered in these terms and conditions and will not lead to an offer of employment in any capacity. Neither party intends any employment relationship to be created either now or at any time in the future.
8.Selection and Notification:
Shortlisted entries will be chosen by a panel of judges. All shortlisted entrants will be contacted via email by Wednesday 26th April 2017. Entrants who have not been contacted by this time are unsuccessful. All shortlisted entrants will be required to participate in a two-stage assessment process. The first stage involves a casting creative workshop day which will consist of producing content from a creative brief in groups of four, demonstrating that you can deliver engaging content in line with the Promoters brand guidelines and collaboratively within a group. Further details on the casting workshop will be provided directly to successful entrants. Those invited to attend the casting creative workshop day will be shortlisted down to the top twelve (12) who will be notified by email after 12:00 GMT on Monday 1st May 2017. The top twelve (12) will be put to the online vote where they will be judged on their ability to produce content that the Scene audience will be most engaged with. The four (4) individuals with the most votes will be declared the overall winners. The winning four (4) will be notified via e-mail after 12:00 GMT on Monday 15th May 2017.
In the event of a tiebreak, a winner will be drawn at random between those in the tie.
The Promoter may refuse or disqualify any entry (including successful entrants) if the entrant concerned or anyone authorised by the entrant to deal with the entry acts in a way towards the Promoter or its staff or any agent or agents staff in a manner which the Promoter or its agents reasonably consider to be inappropriate, unlawful or offensive. If an entrant is disqualified, the Promoter reserves the right to appoint another eligible entry.
All shortlisted and winning entrants must make contact as instructed in the direct message within 1 week from the date notified. If a shortlisted or winning entrant does not get in contact or is unable to accept their prize, the Promoter reserves the right to choose another entrant from eligible entries received. If entrants are unable to attend any part of the competition process on the dates requested by the Promoter this will impact on their success in the competition process. The judges’ decision will be final and no discussion shall be entered in to. The Promoter reserves the right to vary, extend or cancel the competition process. Details of any variation, extension or cancellation will be made on the competition entry site page. Should an entrant be unable to carry out any of the tasks required by the Promoter due to illness or injury they will not be permitted to travel and the Promoter reserves the right to remove them from the competition process and choose another entrant from all eligible entries received.
The four (4) ultimate winners will be required to enter into an agreement with the Promoter to cover the services to be provided and must agree to be bound by its terms and conditions.
By entering the competition you (i) declare that any information submitted by you to the Promoter in the course of the competition process is correct to the best of your knowledge and that you will not withhold any information which might reasonably be expected to affect your suitability for the prize (ii) understand that you may be dismissed following appointment if you have given any false, inaccurate or misleading information or withheld any relevant details.
Details of the winners, name and country of residence, will be obtainable after the 15th May 2017 by writing to Peter Harris, Marketing & Digital Visual Creative Manager. Wigmore House, Wigmore Lane, Luton, Beds, LU2 9TN. The winners may be required to participate in post-competition publicity and media opportunities such as features, short interviews and may be required to provide quotes, headshots or photographs for media use. The winners and/or runners up agree that their details may be announced contemporaneously on the Promoter’s social media pages including but not limited to Thomson Scene UK Facebook and/or Twitter and Youtube. The winner’s and/or runners up details may also be shared in marketing material of the Promoter including but not limited to Thomson Scene UK Blog, Facebook, Twitter and/or Instagram.
11.General Terms and Conditions:
The Promoter reserves the right to amend, modify, cancel or withdraw the terms and conditions, the competition or the prize at any time without notice. All entrants agree to abide by these terms and conditions and the Promoter reserves the right to exclude entrants for any breach of these terms and conditions. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered in to.
Entrants agree that the Promoter and all agents acting on its behalf in conjunction with the competition process will have no liability whatsoever for any injuries, losses, costs, damage or disappointment of any kind resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly from acceptance or from participation in the competition process. Nothing in this clause shall limit the Promoters liability for death or personal injury arising out of its own negligence or arising out of fraud.
This competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube or Soundcloud. Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube or Soundcloud accept no liability for this competition.